At B/SPOKE, we believe fitness should be inspiring, rewarding, and complementary to all the rest of life’s pursuits. For many of us, it’s a form of therapy – a way to forget yesterday, take back today, or change tomorrow. Our approach is holistic, on and off the bike, helping our community find a sustainable path to better health and personal growth. We aim to tailor the experience to each individual, and to connect with clients through memorable and personalized experiences.
This coming fall, we are launching B/SPOKE South Boston - our new flagship studio experience and one of our biggest projects to date. Nicknamed “WAREHOUSE 3.0” or “WH3”, the new studio will be located in South Boston and feature R/DE, STRENGTH, YOGA, Personal Training, Small Group Training, Food + Beverage, and even a small coworking experience. The WH3 Studio Manager will help launch and drive this multi-faceted, dynamic and exciting operation alongside our Front Desk, Studio Operations + Leadership Teams.
WHO YOU ARE
- Are you someone who gravitates to the fitness + wellness community AND has a passion for building teams, clientele and community?
- Are you a natural communicator who enjoys leadership, communication, and hospitality?
- Do you thrive in entrepreneurial, dynamic, and busy environments?
- Are you a go-getter and someone who is excited about being part of a NEW venture?
- Do you love learning, creative problem solving, and taking on responsibility?
If so, you may be a great fit for the WH3 Studio Manager position.
- A natural leader, motivator, project manager, and team player with a minimum of 2-3 years of demonstrable experience in a similar level role.
- Possesses outstanding customer service, strategic thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Can prioritize, delegate, time manage, and multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
- Possesses exceptional written and verbal communication skills, is detail oriented, and has ability to work with a wide range of personalities.
- Plays an active role in the Boston fitness + wellness community, and has a strong understanding of the fitness space and overall health and wellness industries.
- Stands for diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging through day to day actions, and consistently participates in studio initiatives, challenges, and learning opportunities.
- Promotes and maintains the B/SPOKE culture of contagious energy, collaboration, teamwork, and support, and is passionate about the brand.
- Enjoys learning and approaching all matters with an eye for continuous improvement.
- Facilitate and drive successful new studio launch.
- Provide high level customer service to Clients with an aim to elevate experience.
- Screen, hire, onboard, and train Front Desk Team Members.
- Plan and organize Front Desk Team trainings, educational, opportunities, and outings.
- Conduct annual Front Desk 360 performance reviews.
- Provide ongoing Front Desk Feedback (Written / In-Person).
- Consistently roll out Studio Updates, Policies + Procedures.
- Build strong trusted relationships across the brand, and support Management with new studio initiatives.
- Manage / oversee Charity R/DES, Group R/DES, Special R/DE Experiences, and Space Rentals.
- Manage In-Studio Celebrations + Events - Internal and External.
- Oversee class attendance, numbers + schedule optimization, and support with reporting, stats, and segmented distribution lists.
- Identify and help implement new opportunities to further promote and showcase the studio.
- Take lead on Client issues both in studio and on Hello.
- Support various Client touch points (e.g. monthly newsletters / BRANDBOT).
- Serve as a consistent presence, support, and leader on a daily basis.
- Serve as a full-time point person/liaison for WAREHOUSE 3.0 with ability to support other studio operations, as needed.
- NOTE: This role is approximately 75% IN STUDIO + 25% OUT OF STUDIO.
SCHEDULING + EXPECTATIONS
- Have access to reliable transportation.
- Able to work a non-traditional schedule, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and some holidays with weekly availability.
- Possess or be willing to acquire a current, valid CPR/AED Certification.
- Submit online application with 1-way video interview.
- Interview with multiple members of B/SPOKE’s Leadership Team.
- Receive offer and/or feedback.
B/SPOKE is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team, and the team responsible for hiring reflects that.